This is a short course to understand the basics of the profession - Slinger
Slinger is the worker who performs cargo slinging during operation of lifting machines. The term "slinging" refers to the following operations:
• Rail, hook or securing loads using lifting devices;
• Hanging cargo on the hook of hoisting machines;
• Installation of cargo on a horizontal surface;
• Cutaway of the cargo.
Trained slinger with a certificate should know:
• The established order of signal exchange between the slinger and crane operator on the enterprise;
• Manufacturing instructions for slingers for safe work with hoisting machines
• The purpose and design features of removable lifting devices, ropes and containers;
• Schemes of slinging or tilting of the cargo.
• Methods of visual determining of the weight of goods
• The procedure for inspection and grading standards of removable lifting devices, ropes and containers;
• Lifting capacity of slings;
• The limit of slings’ length and diameter;
• Technological roadmaps of loading and unloading operations;
• The order and size of cargo storage;
• The purpose and the procedure for the application of slings, chains, ropes and other removable lifting devices;
• Safety measures and work conditions of cranes in the enterprise;
• Specifications of lifting machines served by slingers
• The main safety requirements when using lifting equipment near power lines;
• Methods of rendering first aid for the victims at the workplace;
• Means of individual and collective protection and the order of their application.
Download a Course Brochure